This page contains a variety of simple tutorials designed to get you started on your research topics. The information is pretty basic, but if you haven't written a research paper in a while, this might provide a useful review.
The tutorials on this page are:
- Developing a topic
- Learn to develop an appropriate topic for a research paper by considering goals, approaches, topic scope and helpful resources.
- Search terms
- Learn to generate effective search terms for database or web searching in this tutorial.
- What is a library database? Learn about what you'll find in library databases, how they differ from the free-web and when to use them in this tutorial.
- Evaluating Internet Sources
- Learn to effectively evaluate the information that you find on the web.