Cornerstone, Minnesota State University, Mankato's Institutional Repository, is an open access repository that can be utilized for data sharing and long-term access and preservation of data. If appropriate, you can use the following boilerplate statements in Data Management Plans (DMP) for a variety of grants or modify the sample text for your grant requirements. If you have further questions, please contact the Digital Initiatives Librarian.
- Data and Metadata Standards
- Policies for Access and Sharing
- Anonymized data will be disseminated freely to the public electronically via Minnesota State University, Mankato’s Institutional Repository, Cornerstone (https://cornerstone.lib.mnsu.edu/) along with the technical report by the PI. Cornerstone is an open access, institutional based repository that has no fees or limits on access beyond an internet connection.
- Policies for Re-Use, Redistribution
- Plans for Archiving and Preservation
- All project files will be maintained and managed locally by the University Library within Cornerstone. All files in Cornerstone are backed up to a University maintained, secure Microsoft Azure cloud storage and are organized in the original order as created by the PI. Fixity checks on all files in Azure will be done on an scheduled basis as referenced in the University Archives' Digital Preservation Plan. Additionally, Cornerstone uses a “software as service” platform and is itself backed up and secured by the bepress™ company. Information on their security can be found at https://bepress.com/reference_guide_dc/safeguarding-content-digital-commons/.